5T: Foam Sword Capture the Flag, Wine Tasting and Today's Weather
Five things to know today.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, Jan. 18. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny but cool: Looks like a clear but cool day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 26 degrees. Increasing clouds tonight with a low around 18.
- Parent's night out: Looking for a night to yourselves without the kids? Echo Enrichment Center is giving parents a chance to enjoy a night out. Drop the kids off starting at 6:30 p.m. for a game night. Cost is $20 per person and $10 for additional siblings. Click here for details and to RSVP.
- Wine tasting: Busa Wine & Spirits is holding a wine tasting of Bodega Elena de Mendoza wines of Argentina from 4 to 7 p.m. this afternoon.
- Capture the flag: Guard Up! Family Swordsmanship & NERF is holding a "Sword Night: Kingdom Capture the Flag" at 7 p.m. "The borders between four tiny kingdoms were never disputed in living memory. That was the case of course until the West put up a wall. Then the East did as well and the South and North started marching armies to the field. Now the only option for any kingdom’s survival is to capture the others territories. Can you help your nation be triumphant, or will it be war eternal between the tiny kingdoms in this Foam Sword Adventure Game?" Foam swords provided. Cost is $20.
- 140 character news: Did you know Burlington Patch uses Twitter to post updates of area new throughout the day? If you'd like to stay updated and join in the conversation, follow us on Twitter by following @BurlingtonPatch.