5T: Square Dancing, Community Support Group Meeting and Career Help
Five things to know today.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, Feb. 26. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Partly sunny, warmer: Looks like a pretty nice day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect partly sunny skies with a high near 42 degrees. Snow likely tonight. Otherwise mostly cloudy with a low around 30 degrees.
- Public meetings: The Oversight Committee for the Ice Palace is meeting at 4 p.m. in the Treasurers Office in Town Hall. The Board of Health is meeting at 7 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall. The Shawsheen Valley Tech School Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. at 100 Cook St., Billerica. The Burlington School Committee is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the meeting room at Burlington High School.
- New career help: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a Career Transition program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.
- Lend a hand: The community group "Help Me Help Someone" (HELPIS) is meeting at 6:30 p.m. this evening in the Burlington Public Library. According to the group "This organization will bring people in our community together to reach out and help those in need. Through simple act of kindness and generosity we will heal, uplift, inspire, and improve the lives of others."
- Square Dancing: Saint Malachy Catholic Church is holding beginner square dancing lessons at 7 p.m. this evening. Experienced dancers also welcome. Fun for singles and couples and it is good exercise. Cost is $7. Click here for more information.