5 Things You Need to Know Today, May 14
A wet and rainy morning likely, a variety of public meetings and Town Meeting.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Monday, May 14. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Morning showers: Looks like it may be a wet morning. According to the National Weather Service, we can expect likely showers this morning after 8 a.m. Otherwise cloudy with a high near 69. Chance of showers tonight, otherwise mostly cloudy with a low around 55.
- Public meetings: The Board of Selectmen is meeting at 6 p.m. in the meeting room at Burlington High School. The Capital Budget Committee is meeting at 6 p.m. in the BHS cafeteria. The Recreation Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. in the Human Services Building and the Board of Assessors is meeting at 7:15 p.m. in the BHS auditorium.
- Town Meeting: The May Town Meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Burlington High School Auditorium. Click here to find the complete warrant.
- Home games: Burlington High School's varsity teams have a couple of home games today. The boys varsity tennis team is playing Melrose High at 3:30 p.m. at Rahanis Park. The girls varsity lacrosse team is playing Wakefield High at 4:30 p.m. at the high school.
- Goodbye, Ol' Blue Eyes: On this day in 1998, Frank Sinatra died of a heart attack. He was 82 years old. The legendary singer was known for music and movies, but also for his role in the Rat Pack—his entourage made up of Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Joey Bishop and Peter Lawford.