5 Things You Need to Know Today, March 3
Cold weather, annual chorus concert and a chance to taste rum at the library.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Thursday, March 3. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Return of the cold: Yesterday's temperatures in the mid-40s will not be repeated today. According to the National Weather Service, today is going to be mostly sunny but with a high of just 21 degrees and a windchill effect that will make it feel like -4. However, the weekend is looking like it will be nice with temperatures in the upper 40s, so take heart!
- Public meeting: the Planning Board has a meeting at 7:30 p.m. this evening in the hearing room on the second floor of Town Hall. Included on the agenda is a discussion on the Grand View Farm project and the ever-popular proposed Dave and Busters.
- Prenatal Yoga: The Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates at 20 Wall Street is offering prenatal Yoga classes at 6:30 p.m. on Thursdays. Improve your posture and alleviate some of the discomforts of pregnancy with Hatha yoga, a combination of breathing, concentration, meditation and relaxation techniques.
- Ides of March Concert: The Burlington High School chorus and Select Singers are presenting the annual Ides of March Concert at 7:30 p.m. tonight in the school's cafeteria. Show is free and open to the public.
- Rum and reading: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a Molasses Cook-Off and Rum Tasting event at 7 p.m. tonight. The event is part of the book discussion on "Dark Tide: the Great Boston Molasses Flood of 1919" by Stephen Puleo.
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.