5 Things You Need to Know Today, June 22
A free student concert, top shelf tastings and a call-out to blog on Patch.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, June 22. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- The heat continues: We're heading into our third day over 90 degrees in Burlington! According to the National Weather Service, temperatures will reach 92 degrees today. We will probably have some thunder this afternoon and expect some heavy rains after nightfall.
- Student concert: Burlington's Real School of Music is hosting a free student showcase concert at 7 p.m. This evening's show will feature adult student ensemble and adult students.
- Top shelf tasting: Busa Wine & Spirits is hosting at top shelf tasting event today. Sample hand-crafted Camarena Tequila made with 100% pure agave azul from the highlands of Mexico. They will also be pouring New Amsterdam Vodka; distilled 5 times this new vodka removes impurities while preserving a smooth taste.
- Calling all bloggers: Burlington Patch is still looking for new bloggers. Do you have a hobby you'd like to talk about, an area of expertise you can share or just a desire to share your thoughts? Sign up to blog on Burlington Patch and share with the community. Send an email to Richard.Hosford@patch.com for more information.
- God scores a goal: On this day in 1986, Argentinian soccer player Diego Maradona scored two goals in the World Cup to lead Argentina past England and into the semi-finals. The first of Maradona's goals scored, though, appeared to go off his head. But was actually punched into the goal by Maradona's hand. Later, the soccer player said the goal was scored "a little with the head of Maradona and a little with the hand of God." Argentina won the World Cup championship that year.