5 Things You Need to Know Today, June 20
Planning Board special meeting and gathering of Ways & Means and a student concert.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, June 20. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sizzling!: Today is going to be an absolute sizzler! The National Weather Service says we could see a high temperature of 97 with sunny skies. But our heat index could reach over 100 degrees! We don't know about you, but we here at Woburn Patch love the heat and are pretty happy with that forecast!
- Public meeting: The Planning Board is holding a special meeting at 8:30 a.m. this morning to conduct a site walk of the proposed Peach Orchard Road residential development project. The Ways & Means Committee is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall.
- Student concert: Burlington's Real School of Music is hosting a free student showcase concert at 7 p.m. This evening's show will feature students of all ages performing solos and duets.
- "Like" us today: Did you know that Burlington Patch has a Facebook page? We post updates throughout the day and invite friends to comment on links, pictures and stories. Join in the conversation by "liking" our page by clicking here. Thanks!
- Don't go in the water... : On this day in 1975, the movie Jaws opened in American theaters. The thriller told the story of a great white shark that takes up residence in a New England ocean town and starts eating tourists. The film featured a huge mechanical shark and a $12 million budget. It also made a lot of people afraid to go in the water!