5 Things You Need to Know Today, June 19
Public meetings, help for finding a new career and a healthy weight loss program.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, June 19. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Oh, Summer, how we love thee: Today is going to be a gorgeous summer day. The National Weather Service is forecasting a high temperature of 80 with mostly sunny skies. But it's just a tease of things to come...
- Public meetings: The Oversight Committee is meeting at 4 p.m. in Town Hall. The Board of Appeals is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room on the second floor of Town Hall.
- New career help: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a Career Transition program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.
- Lose weight with support: The group TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is holding a weekly Tuesday meeting today. The group will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Burlington Public Library. New members are always welcome to join this supportive and friendly group.
- Nickelodeon isn't just a TV channel: On this day in 1905, the very first "nickelodeon" opened in Pittsburgh. Over 400 people attended the opening night event. The concept of the nickelodeon was to offer live entertainment in a storefront theater for five cents. Many nickelodeon acts were vaudeville, or short one-minute films.