5 Things You Need to Know Today, July 27
A chance of showers and storms, some of them severe, for later today.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, July 27. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of t-storms: Looks like we could get some more storms today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a chance of showers and thunderstorms with the chance some storms could be severe with gusty winds and heavy rains. Otherwise cloudy with a high near 83 degrees. Chance of showers and thunderstorms tonight and a low around 65.
- Live Music: Burlington's Real School of Music is hosting an emerging artist concert featuring "A Cityscape" and "Emerson" from 7 to 9 p.m. tonight. Admission is $5.
- Edible art: The Burlington Public Library is hosting an "Edible Art:Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops" program from 3:45 to 4:45 p.m. today. Come down and play with your food (for once its okay!).
- "Like" us today: Did you know that Burlington Patch has a Facebook page? We post updates throughout the day and invite friends to comment on links, pictures and stories. Join in the conversation by "liking" our page by clicking here. Last count we were at 398 followers and we'd really like to hit 400!
- What's up Doc? On this day in 1940, Warner Brothers' most famous character, Bugs Bunny, was "born" in a warren under Ebbets Field, home of the Brooklyn Dodgers, according to the book Bugs Bunny: 50 Years and Only One Grey Hare. In reality Bugs was created by the staff a "A Wild Hare," Bug's debut role on television. Since then, the "wascally wabbit," with his trickster ways, flip personality and pronounced New York accent has been in hundreds of cartoon spots as well as movies and was an anchor character on Looney Toons.