5 Things You Need to Know Today, Jan. 27
Grab an umbrella, the NWS is saying we have a 100 percent chance of rain today.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Friday, Jan. 27. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Can you stand the rain?: Looks like Friday is going to be a rainy one, according to the National Weather Service. The NWS is forecasting a 100 percent chance of rain, mostly before 1 p.m., and patchy fog. (Our undying love and affection to the reader who can tell us where we got our tagline from for today’s weather report. Tell us in the comments!)
- Walk the mall: No matter the weather, there is still a chance to get in a morning walk at the Burlington Mall. Every morning starting at 7 a.m. the doors by the Legal Seafoods entrance are opened to allow visitors to walk the mall. Each time around is 0.8 miles.
- Read the Movie: Burlington's Barnes & Noble Booksellers is hosting a Read the Movie with Mel event at 7 p.m. this evening. Come by to discuss "Never Let Me Go," the sixth novel by Kazuo Ishiguro, best known for The Remains of the Day. Praised by critics, it's a deceptively simple tale set in a private school in the English countryside, where nothing is as it seems. New members always welcome.
- Weight loss help: Team Northrup will host a free health & wellness presentation at RMA Fitness Center, 1 Burlington Ave., Wilmington today from 10:30 to 11:10 a.m. Team members will offer education about weight management and how you can lose the cravings, lose the pounds and find the new you.
- We all shine on: On this day in 1970, John Lennon wrote and recorded the hit single “Instant Karma.” As Lennon once said, “I wrote it for breakfast, recorded it for lunch and we’re putting it out for dinner.” The song was actually released less than two weeks after it was written and recorded on Tuesday, Jan. 27, 1970. Who do you think you are? A superstar… Well, right you are, Mr. Lennon.