5 Things You Need to Know Today, Feb. 28
Snow and rain mix, word games at the library and a Board of Selectmen meeting.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Monday, Feb. 28. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Freezing rain: The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for this morning due to a mix of snow and freezing rain. Precipitation is expected before 9 a.m. and may make the morning commute difficult. Be careful on the roads!
- Preserve the park: The Friends of Mary Cumming Park are meeting tonight at 7 p.m. in the Folgelberg A meeting room at the Burlington Public Library. The purpose of this meeting is to updates members on activities, plan future activities and sign up new members. The group is always looking for new people to lend their time, energy and ideas.
- Word game: The Burlington Library is hosting Scrabble Club from 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. today. The club is open to all children in grades 4 through 8 and offers them a chance to learn the game, have friendly competition and meet new friends.
- Board of Selectmen: The Burlington Board of Selectmen is also meeting at 7 p.m. tonight. The meeting will be in the hearing room on the second floor of Town Hall. Each meeting kicks off with a public forum, so come down and let town leaders know what has been on your mind.
- You oughtta know: On this day in 1996, Alanis Morissette was awarded a Grammy for her album “Jagged Little Pill.” The Canadian songstress’ album gave us several hits, including “You Oughtta Know,” “Ironic” and “Hand in My Pocket.” And, although we’re huge Alanis fans we still think the lyrics of “Ironic” weren’t really ironic. More like bad luck, Alanis. But, that’s OK, we’ll forgive you. This time.
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.