5 Things You Need to Know Today, Feb. 27
Slight chance of rain today, a variety of public meetings and game day for teen at the library.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Monday, Feb. 27. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of rain: Looks like we could get some afternoon showers, but nothing is certain. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a slight chance of showers after 3 p.m., though there is only a 20 percent chance of precipitation. Otherwise, cloudy with a high near 49 and gusts up to 28 miles per hour. Slight chance of showers tonight with a low around 32.
- Public meetings: There are a variety of public meetings today. The Town Administrator Search committee is meeting at 3 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex conference room. TheBurlington Board of Selectmen is meeting at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall second floor hearing room. The Recreation Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. in the Community Life Center and the ISAC Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall basement lounge.
- Preserve the park: The Friends of Mary Cumming Park are meeting tonight at 7 p.m. in the Folgelberg A meeting room at the Burlington Public Library. The purpose of this meeting is to To discuss and plan strategies to ensure that Mary Cummings Park in Burlington and Woburn remains open to the public for recreation and conservation.
- Game day: The Library is also hosting a Teen Game Day from 3:45 to 4:45 p.m today. Drop by for food and fun. Game Day will include a Wii as well as board games. Feel free to bring friends and any games you would like to play.
- Got beads?: On this day in 1827, a group of students in New Orleans wearing jester costumes and masks took to the streets dancing. Thus, starting the tradition of Mardi Gras. The parties became grander and grander in the 1830s, official Mardi Gras celebrations began.