5 Things: Quilting Club, Afternoon Sun and Foam Sword Fun
Five things happening in Burlington today.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, Oct. 5. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Morning clouds, afternoon sun: Looks like a bit of a mixed bag today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly cloudy skies this morning that will let up and allow in the sun for the afternoon. High near 79 degrees. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 56.
- Quilting: The Burlington Public Library is hosting the Quilt Club today from 10 a.m. to noon. The group is open to anyone and is for people who love quilting and want to share ideas with friends.
- Adventure night: Guard Up! Family Swordsmanship is hosting an "Adventure Night: Asgard Issue." Grab a foam sword and get into the action. For ages 6 and up and $20 per person.
- 140 character news: Did you know Burlington Patch uses Twitter to post updates of area new throughout the day? If you'd like to stay updated and join in the conversation, follow us on Twitter by following @BurlingtonPatch.
- Music for the People: OK, maybe it’s just music for the teenage girls of the 1990s. On this day in 1991, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch hit number one on the Billboard charts with the single “Good Vibrations.” Mark was propelled to super stardom thanks to his brother Donnie, a member of New Kids on the Block. With Donnie’s help, Mark gave the world the best white guy rap song to date. But, ask him about it now and he’ll likely shy away from the topic. Mark Wahlberg is now a distinguished, respected actor in Hollywood.